5 Days Lhasa & Holy Lake Namtso Tour
Price from $676 per person
Duration: 5 days and 4 nights
Tour type: Private escorted tour with Tibetan tour guide and private vehicle with experienced driver
Tour code: TTP-PT-05
Is this trip for you?
- Physical Demands
- Tour Pace
- Max Altitude
- Day1: Lhasa arrival
- Day2: Lhasa city tour
- Day3: Outskirts of Lhasa tour
- Day4: Lhasa - Namtso Lake
- Day5: Lhasa departure
Potala Palace, Barkhor Street
Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery
No documents found.
Collected typical features of Lhasa, you can appreciate the profound Tibetan Buddhist Culture and distinctive architectures. Extending to Namtso Lake, this tour takes you to the purest sky and picturesque landscape.
Day 1 Lhasa Arrival
Welcome to Lhasa, the roof of the world! Our tour guide will pick you up at airport or train station and escort you to hotel in Lhasa city. On the way, you can enjoy breathtaking viewsalong the YarlongTsangpo River, and most Tibetan natures can be seen.
After arrival at your hotel, the remainder of day is at leisure for you to adapt yourself to the high altitude by some small walk. Don’t take a shower in the first night and drink more water will be helpful to avoidaltitude sickness.
Day 2 Lhasa ( B )
After breakfast, you will be arranged to visit the magnificent Potala Palace, a symbol of Tibetan architecture, with an elevation of 3,700m. Walk along the stairs, you can overlook the Lhasa City and discover this treasure of Tibetan Buddhism by collecting a great quantity of sculptures, murals, scripture and other precious cultural relics.
Later transfer to Jokhang Temple, the center of Tibetan Buddhism activities, to experience theintense religiosity by witnessing countlessdevout pilgrims prostrate themselves to the ground repeatedly in every single day. Then join the locals to the Barkor Street nearby and find some souvenirs or relax in a coffee shop.
Day 3 Lhasa ( B )
Today you will first to visit Norbulingka Park, once was the summer palace of Dalai Lama. Now this ancient gardens with tree-lined is perfect to experience Tibetan Custom with locals.
Then head to Drepung Monastery to gaze at the biggest Tibetan Buddhist monastery with splendidarchitectural complex and watch the famous and typical “Buddhism Scriptures Debating” only in Sera Monastery.
Day 4 Lhasa - Namtso ( B )
Today you will drive to Namtso Lake with 240 km away from Lhasa, one of the three Tibetan holy lakes. With crystal water and blue sky, you will be enchanted by breathtaking views of the water-reflection of Tanggula Mountains. And walking along the lake can delight you more. Then drive back to Lhasa.
If you want to linger long to view the sunset and the stars at night, you can stay overnight at guest house nearby and stand the situation of no shower, no light and only use public toilet.
Day 5 Lhasa Departure ( B )
No documents found.
Today you are free until your tour guide transfers you to the airport or Lhasa train station to catch your next destination.
- Private professional English-speaking tour guide.
- Private vehicle and Luggage Transfers.
- All necessary Tibet travel permits.
- All accommodations, based on double-occupancy. Medium standard accommodation with attached bathroom on twin sharing basis. Guesthouse or tent in remote areas.
- Meals, as noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary. Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & government taxes.
- Tourists Accident/Casualty Insurance
- A container of Oxygen for emergency usage while traveling to Namtso Lake
- China visa, all air tickets and train tickets to and from Tibet.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional tour activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Single room supplement.