7 Days Lhasa Tour & Nyingchi "Switzerland Views"
Price from $888 per person
Duration: 7 days and 6 nights
Tour type: Private escorted tour with Tibetan tour guide and private vehicle with experienced driver
Tour code: TTP-PT-07
Is this trip for you?
- Physical Demands
- Tour Pace
- Max Altitude
- Day1: Lhasa arrival
- Day2: Lhasa city tour
- Day3: Outskirts of Lhasa tour
- Day4: Lhasa – Bayi Town
- Day5: Bayi - Basomtso Lake
- Day6: Basomtso Lake– Lhasa
- Day7: Lhasa departure
Potala Palace, Barkhor Street
Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery
No documents found.
With different culture and traditions from Lhasa, Nyingchi has “Switzerland view” in Basomtso Lake. You can explore Tibet culture and feast your eyes with unparalleled nature view in this amazing 7-day Tibet Tour.
Day 1 Lhasa Arrival
Welcome to Lhasa, the roof of the world! Our tour guide will pick you up at airport or train station and escort you to hotel in Lhasa city. On the way, you can enjoy breathtaking viewsalong the YarlongTsangpo River, and most Tibetan natures can be seen.
After arrival at your hotel, the remainder of day is at leisure for you to adapt yourself to the high altitude by some small walk. Don’t take a shower in the first night and drink more water will be helpful to avoidaltitude sickness.
Day 2 Lhasa ( B )
After breakfast, you will be arranged to visit the magnificent Potala Palace, a symbol of Tibetan architecture, with an elevation of 3,700m. Walk along the stairs, you can overlook the Lhasa City and discover this treasure of Tibetan Buddhism by collecting a great quantity of sculptures, murals, scripture and other precious cultural relics.
Later transfer to Jokhang Temple, the center of Tibetan Buddhism activities, to experience theintense religiosity by witnessing countlessdevout pilgrimsprostrate themselves to the ground repeatedly in every single day. Then join the locals to the Barkor Street nearby and find some souvenirs or relax in a coffee shop.
Day 3 Lhasa ( B )
Today you will first to visit Norbulingka Park, once was the summer palace of Dalai Lama. Now this ancient gardens with tree-lined is perfect to experience Tibetan Custom with locals.
Then head to Drepung Monastery to gaze at the biggest Tibetan Buddhist monastery with splendid architectural complex and watch the famous and typical “Buddhism Scriptures Debating” only in Sera Monastery.
Day 4 Lhasa – Bayi Town ( B )
After breakfast, drive about 6 hours to Bayi town, the capital of Nyingchi area and enjoy the view along the way. Upon arrival there, visit a huge cypress tree over a thousand years old. Take a break and take a stroll in the surprisingly modern city.
Day 5 Bayi - Basomtso Lake ( B )
Today, you will visit the Basomtso Lake of 3538 altitude, with a nickname of “little Switzerland”. Surrounded by Jungle, mountains, glaciers, the lake’s surface is like a mirror reflecting them all. In the middle of the lake, there are some islands with Buddhist temples built on for visit. Stay overnight in a guesthouse near the lake.
No documents found.
Day 6 Basomtso-Lhasa ( B )
After breakfast, you’ll be driven back to Lhasa. On the way back, with distance of 40 km for Lhasa, you can visit Ganden Monastery, the first Gelugpa monastery built in 1409, also one of the three big monasteries in Lhasa, along with Sera and Drepung monasteries. The rest of day is at leisure. Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 7 Lhasa Departure ( B )
No documents found.
Today you are free until your tour guide transfers you to the airport or Lhasa train station to catch your next destination.
- Private professional English-speaking tour guide.
- Private vehicle and Luggage Transfers.
- All necessary Tibet travel permits.
- All accommodations, based on double-occupancy. Medium standard accommodation with attached bathroom on twin sharing basis. Guesthouse or tent in remote areas.
- Meals, as noted in the itinerary.
- Admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary.
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & government taxes.
- Tourists Accident/Casualty Insurance
- China visa, all air tickets and train tickets to and from Tibet.
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
- Meals not listed in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional tour activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Single room supplement.